Saturday, November 15, 2008

Honey's Birthday

We celebrated Honey's 9th birthday on November 6th. It is hard to believe she has been with us that long.
For those of you who don't know, Honey was a gift from my mother in 1999. I have always loved dogs, and my mother's friend Dot told us about a family in Wycogomagh (in Cape Breton) who had a cocker spaniel puppy that had to re-home due to their son's allergies. We drove to Wycogomagh to pick her up on Christmas morning. She was the sweetest 3lb bundle of fur I had ever seen.
Honey was a one and only until the boys were born last year. It was a difficult adjustment for her. She was sick for 3 days and still gets upset when they cry. However, she is very gentle and loving towards them. Will particularly loves Honey. His entire face lights up when he sees her, and one of his favourite pastimes is trying to engage her in a game of chase. Here are a few photos of Hon, and of the boys enjoying her birthday cake (it was a great excuse for a treat):
Honey relaxing on the couch at my mother's and enjoying a popsicle last summer:


Callum, Will and Jack enjoying Honey's birthday cake:





3 comments:

Dragonflydownunder said...

Reading from the top...I didnt know you had triplets...so looking at the pictures of the boys eating cake...I thot it was all the same boy....are they identical?? I know of one family with identical triplets...very rare.
anyway...your boys are beautiful!

The Old and the Restless said...

Beautiful blue eyes!

The Old and the Restless said...
This comment has been removed by the author.